Monday, September 14, 2009

"Who I am? Who I am becoming."

I am Syreeta Whitlow. I am 24 years-old, a single mother of a 4-year-old and expecting. I currently work at Burger King on Midlothian since June of this year. I was Layed off from Brenco which is in Petersburg since February of this year. I was attending a stay at home online base school for paralegal but when internet and phone get turns off for non-payment of bill it makes it hard to attend online. So my friend who just stated to here at Bryant and Stratton convinced me to apply and registed for class. And here I am enrolled in the Paralegal program. I was scared at first because of past experience in getting accpeted into school so I was a little discourged. But when you have two 4-year-olds and a 23-year-old staking me about it, was kind if hard to ignore them. Today, was my first day of school in English 100 with Ms. Stapleton and so far I am at ease and feel really confident that I can do it. Now I can really make my son do his homework since mommy have homework too. I guess that will motivate him since he is overwhelmed with pre-k. It is kind of funny but I am taking the right steps for a brighter future and bigger pockets. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment