Monday, December 7, 2009

My Career Choice

My career aspiration is becoming a paralegal. Paralegals must possess certain skills to work with the general public and those skills are; highly organized, communication skills, as well as, maintaining client confidentiality.

Organization is not a complex thing to do. Organization helps you to focus on your must important tasks. Between doing research and interviewing clients; being organized helps you structure you findings and knowing what to ask your clients plays an important part.

Having communication skills is very important in the legal profession, because you are dealing with the public along the way. Working with other attorneys, clients law officials, and witnesses; it is imperative that you are able to deal with other personalities and being comfortable is another reason communication skills are important skill to have.

The most important rule of law ethics is having dignity. All legal professions up hold the trust with their clients. As a paralegal professional you will have access to all personal information; including bank, medical, and any other personal records that client's family members might not know. So, it is very important to be able to be trustworthy and discrete.

I believe with my work history as a bank teller, sales associate, and as a pharmacy associate; I possess some of the skills it takes to become a paralegal. As a bank teller and a pharmacy associate I had access to personal financial and medical information. Privacy and security was one of my top priorities everyday in the work place. Working with the general public, I was able to work with and meet many personalities, especially working as a sales associate.

Organizational skills, communication skills, and being trustworthy are some of the traits that is imperative for a paralegal to have. Those skills I possess myself with my work history to show. With any profession you have to be well-structured, able to effectively get your point across, and work well with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment