Monday, October 19, 2009

My strengths

Just about every employment and colleges are requesting that a strengths quest should be completed. This helps with job and class placement. It also shows what areas you are strong at and what best fits your abilities. My strengths are command, focus, achiever, and competition.

Someone with the command strength is someone that can take charge of a situation. I see things that need to be done and I do it. Others may feel threatened or put off by my assertiveness and may label me as bossy but I like to know what I have to do and just do it. I like to be partnered with people who are creative and strategic, because they help me see the bigger picture of thing.

Another strength I have is focus. I can take a direction, follow through, and make the necessary corrections to stay on track. I must have everything prioritized in my life, if not then I am everywhere. I am easy frustrated when I work in groups that do not have clear goals or direction because then everything is unclear to me. I always found it hard to work with others in school but it is easier at work. Because when my boss have a group agenda everything is pin pointed out and what is needed to get everything done. So everyone have to be mentally on board just to get things done.

Achiever is me all the way. Once I know what direction I am going I am focus on achieving that goal. I have to stay busy and productive if not I feel that I have no satisfaction about anything. I drive off of determination and can be considered a workaholic. I do not need much external motivation. I take advantage of my self-motivation by setting challenging goals for myself. When I make a promise I will move heaven and earth just to complete that promise. That is why I do not make promises I can not keep.

I am a very competitive person. Again it gives me a goal and motivation. I have to win and yes at times I can be a sore loser. I work hard to excel especially in comparison to others. Comparing myself to others motives you to reach my full potential. Without other peers I try to out do myself from whatever performance or task I had completed that last time.

I can apply strenght in my everyday life because I work being competative, achiever, focus and being a leader is what keeps work, school, and family life grounded. Knowing your strengths is also knowing yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment