Monday, November 9, 2009

Why I choose BSC?

I have been out of school for about 5 years and I did not know how hard it is as a single mother. I have to balance work, a 4 year-old and a new baby on the way and at times I find myself wanting to give up. I choose Bryant and Stratton College for higher learning, better future for my children and the benifits of a fulfilling career.

I am a high school graduate from class of 2003 and this fall started my first semester at BSC. I love school and always excel at anything I but my mind to. Having higher learning is something I always tell my son is the most imporant thing he can have now in this day and age. No longer is a high school diaploma or a GED worth much. Every job that you apply for want you to have an associate, bachalor, master's, or even both just to answer telephones. Times are changing and I want to be with the time that is changing and show my childeren that it is worth it in the end.

My son is 4 and he loves to read and learn about every little thing that he comes in contact with. Looking at him makes me very proud to be a parent. I would love to keep his interest in school and show him that learning is fun. I keep his head in the books and we watch the Noggin channel and the PBS shows together. His enthusiasm when he goes to school every morning brightens my day and my me going to class make me proud to go to school. He encourages me to continue my education when I feel like giving up.

What also keeps me here at BSC is knowing that at in 2011 I will walk proudly across stage and get my degree and have a fulfilling career as a paralegal. Knowing that not only I will have that degree but also will make the earnings that I deserve to provide for my family as well.

When you feel that all hope is lost and feeling overhelmed just remember that you are setting an example not only for yourself but for your family. You may be to only one to go to college or even just finish school but knowing that you can achieve all your goals and feel good doing is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment